I need to set up for a Quoted Job in QicWorks? How do I do this?
Jobs can be setup on either Quoted (Fixed Cost) or Rates (Time and Cost) basis.
Just remember that even though the Job may be show as Quoted, Users have the flexibility to create Tasks within that Job that can be charged on a Rates basis.
1. Navigate to Create Job - Jobs>Job Management>Actions Menu - Create Job
2. Start entering your Job details.
3. Within the Control Panel select Fixed Cost (Quoted) from the dropdown, at How is This Job Charged?
4. Create or load your Tasks for this job.
5. If the Task has been Quoted, when you get to the Financial Information Panel select Fixed Cost (Quoted) at Billing Type
6. Finish entering all Task details.
Don't forget to click
Save to save your changes.
7. Once all Tasks have been added, return to the Job's overview screen.
8. You now need to enter your financial details for this job. Navigate to Financial>Cost Management - Financial Setup
9. Make sure you are on the Fixed Cost (Quoted) Setup Panel.
10. Scroll down to your desired Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and start entering your estimated values.
Entering your Estimated values is a great time saver as not only are these values used to calculate your Work In Progress, as well as offer your a great insight into your job profitability, but QicWorks will automatically calculate the Quoted Value for this WBS node by multiplying your Estimated value by your set markup.
To edit the set markup, simply type over the preopopulated markup value to override. QicWorks will then auto calculate the new Quoted value.
Similarly, if values have been entered in Estimated and Quoted, QicWork will recalculate the Markup value to reflect.
Alternatively, you can enter your Quoted values alone. (You will however receive a data warning advising that your Job Costings have not been completely setup.)
11. Click Lock to track any buget changes or Save to save your entries.
12. Your Quoted Job is now setup.
Make sure your Job and subsequent Tasks are marked as Available to be able to book time to them.