I need to set up for a Rates Job in QicWorks? How do I do this?
Jobs can be setup on either a Quoted (Fixed Cost) or Rates (Time and Cost) basis.
Just remember that even though the Job may be show as Rates, Users have the flexibility to create Tasks within that Job that can be charged on a Quoted basis.
1. Navigate to Create Job - Jobs>Job Management>Actions Menu - Create Job
2. Start entering your Job details.
3. Within the Control Panel, select Rates (Time & Cost) from the dropdown, at How is This Job Charged?
4. Create or load your Tasks for this job.
5. If the Task is also to be charged on a Rates basis, you will need to select Rates (Time & Cost) from the dropdown at Billing Type, within the Financial Information Panel.
6. Finish entering all Task details.
Don't forget to click Save to save your changes.
7. Once all Tasks have been added, return to the Job's overview screen.
8. You now need to enter your financial details for this job. Navigate to Financial>Cost Management - Financial Setup
9. Make sure you are on the Rates (Time & Cost) Setup Panel.
10. As you start to scroll down the page you will notice that there is a Toggle switch offering User the ability to choose which values they wish to use to calculate their Work in Progress (WIP) report. Toggle to make your selection.
We recommend entering your Estimated values as these values are a great to compare and report your job profitability.
11. If Estimated value is selected, scroll down to your desired Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and start entering your estimated values.
12. Click Lock to track any buget changes or Save to save your entries.
13. Your Rates Job is now setup.
Make sure your Job and subsequent Tasks are marked as Available to be able to book time to them.